Please note that the Library is not open to the general public.
The Library provides basic research assistance to researchers on matters related to the UN and its documentation. While we aim to answer questions about the UN from external researchers, this is not our primary mandate and our capacity to do extensive research is limited.
A lot of information on specific subjects of interest to the United Nations is available online. Follow the links below for further guidance.
- UNBISnet: The Library's catalogue
- UNBIS Thesaurus: Database of subject terms used in describing UN documents
- UNBIS Manual: Reference manual for bibliographic description for UN and non-UN materials.
- Index to Proceedings: Subject index to documents and speeches
- UN Member States on the Record: Access to official documents reflecting the views of UN Member States
- Depository Libraries: Libraries around the world that provide access to UN materials for researchers and the general public.
- Ask DAG: Database of frequently asked questions
Other UN resources:
- Official Document System (ODS)
- UN Treaty Collection
- UNTERM (UN Multilingual Terminology Database)
- UN News Centre
- Press Releases
- United Nations Today
- United Nations Handbook
- Yearbook of the United Nations